For my birthday my mom got me tickets to see Disney Princesses on Ice. It was completely magical and I loved every single second of it. but not gonna lie, at the end after watching seven disney princesses get united with their princes I couldn't help but think...where the hell is my prince charming?!
I know I have been unfortunate enough to have been programmed by Disney since my childhood to think prince charming is going to sweep me off my feet one day. I realize how unrealistic the whole notion is. But i'm going somewhere with this, so bear with me.
Quick update on my life recently then I'll circle back to prince charming. So the ex I mentioned in my last blog that I said I wouldn't write about anymore cuz I was done with him? Oh yeah, apparently I'm not done. I've seen him at least three times since that blog. It's been an emotional rollercoaster for me the past couple weeks regarding that whole situation. I wrote a blog about just him, but I will never publish it. It's way too honest and I don't even want to admit all that to myself, nevermind to anyone else, lol. So that situation was still somewhat lingering. In addition to that, I've had a couple crushes that I wasn't sure what to do with. I always worry about making the "wrong" choice and I have been at a loss trying to figure out what to do about the several guys I maintain contact with throughout a typical day. Well...I've finally reached a conclusion. I know what to do. At least what I'm going to do for now.
I'm going to do nothing.
Yup! That's my grand plan. Absolutely nothing. Not a damn thing. And do you know why I'm going to do nothing? (see, I said I'd be back to the disney thing!)
I'm going to do nothing because how often does the princess go chasing after the prince?? umm rarely. at the end of cinderella, she didn't go marching up to the castle, demanding her other glass slipper back! Prince Charming went to every single home in the kingdom looking for her.
So what the hell am I doing?? Why do I spend so much time lusting after guys that don't want me?? Or even if they do want me (which i think is the case with at least a couple of the guys) why am I pursuing them at all? If someone likes me, they can pursue me for a chance. Someone can text me and wonder if I'll text back. Or ask me out on a date (a legit date, lol def need to clarify that) or do something nice and romantic for me for a god damn change. I know guys are capable of that. lol
I've spent so much time the past several years fighting to save broken relationships. And trying to be romantic for boyfriends and even for exes after we've broken up. Ask any guy I've dated and I can 100% guarantee that they can list at least 5 romantic things I've done for/given them. I would love for someone to do receive a third of the romance I've given out over the years. I don't regret doing any of that, and they were all amazing guys and deserved to have nice things done for them.
But now I want some nice stuff done for me. lol and I'm gonna wait around til prince charming shows up and starts delivering lol
But Shawntae, didn't you say that the whole prince charming thing was unrealistic?
Yes I did. But I also know that every single time I've met a new guy that I ended up dating, that he came along once I stopped looking. Once I had basically given up, a new guy came along. And with every boyfriend, I've been getting closer and closer to prince charming.
So my plan to do nothing is going to be awesome. It's actually a relief to think of it like that. No stress of wondering, "does he like me?" or "I wonder what he's thinking" etc etc. Cuz it doesn't matter. Because I'm just going to do nothing. lol no going out of my way to text anyone. No asking anyone out. No anything. I'm just gonna keep on living my life and if a guy enters it and pursues me I can be receptive. Clearly this won't last forever. And I'm sure after a few months of this I'll be crushing on someone again and will want to pursue them.
But for now....ahhh...the simple decision to do nothing is the best option for me :)
Watch out cinderella!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment