Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I blog now =)

So when I was hardcore into myspace a couple years ago, I used to blog all the time. It was kinda nice to vent and at the same time let people know what was going on in my life. I don't particularly care for people knowing all my business, but I figure that people gossip enough as it is, and I'd rather people hear stuff from me than from anyone else.

A HUGE reason why I'm starting to do this is because of what I've been learning in some of my Psych classes. I have four 300 level Psych classes right now, so I've been immersed in Psych learnings all semester. But one thing has stood out to me SO much, that I've been trying to apply it to my everyday life.

I won't get super in depth, so I'll just sum it up. It makes perfect sense, but people definitely don't think about it. Basically, it's about how we view other people. We observe people acting a certain way, and assume that their behavior is indicative of their personality or normal disposition. We tend to completely disregard the situation at hand. We don't think about how the situation affects how people behave.

I've been thinking about this all SO much lately for a lot of reasons. First of all, because I realize that I've harshly judged people and made assumptions about them based on how they act in certain situations, without realizing that the situation could be COMPLETELY driving their behavior, and their behavior in that situation might not be ANY indicator of how they really are!

And also, because I myself have been judged (in some cases, rightfully so) by my behavior in certain situations and I KNOW that that's not really what I'm all about.

So a lot of my bloggings are going to be about how I'm applying what I'm learning in my classes to my everyday life. And also my random ramblings about what's going on in my life. Not that interesting, lol. I don't blame anyone if they don't care to read this. But like I said, this is just a way for people to see some of my situations I've been in, and to give everyone an insight into why I act (or have acted) in certain ways. I like to write anyways, I've tried writing in journals, but it doesn't really do it for me, haha. So I'll see how I like this and I'll go from there! =)

Thanks to anyone who reads anything I write <3

1 comment:

  1. I found the blog now!!!

    1- I can relate. I've even been tempted to get back to using my livejournal more instead of making everything a facebook status.

    2- Situational circumstances cut both ways. You may also judge people better than they deserve, based solely on the situation at hand. Unless/until you really spend time getting to know someone, you should resereve judgments about them as people overall and judge only those things you know they've said or done.

    ReplyDelete