Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

GREAT week!

I'm finally starting to feel like my old self again. Like, my old self from a few years ago :) it's amazing. Everything is starting to come together.

I worked first shift yesterday at the shelter and it was so boring cuz there were no kids. So I ended up talking to the counselors all day, and the case manager came in and was talking about this huge golf outing fundraiser that they do every year to raise money for the shelter. She said that they were really behind cuz her intern was working on it but she's gone now or something. So I'm like....ummm... Do you need an intern??? Lol she says YES and told me all the stuff the intern did. She was helping plan this golf fundraiser and the homelessness awareness week in the fall. OMG how perfect is that for me?? I LOVE event planning and it's for my shelter on the counseling side where I'm hoping to get hired soon!!' ahhhhhhh!!! So yay for that! She gave me a bunch of stuff to do and I worked on the golf outing allll day yesterday. It was amazing. The networking I can do at the job is out of this world. It's perfect. Sighhhh. I feel useful again. lol and hopeful and excited and grown up.

Also, I've been like chronically anxious for like over a year. No matter what kind of mood I'm in, I usually feel kinda nervous or anxious. That feeling is slowly going away. Idk why. I think I'm just not freaking out about anything. I'm not worrying about money, or boys or school. I'm just super chill. It's niiiice.

I should know the results of my ADHD screening by next week I think. That'll be interesting. I've been reading on ADHD medications like crazy lately. Idk it seems like it could really help me, so I'm sorta looking forward to it. ugh never thought I'd say that. lol but I've read countless articles, studies and reviews and several different medicines and I'm hopeful now. So that's good! :)

So I'm dramatically cutting down on drinking now. I had a great time last week partying to celebrate graduation. But the thought of being crazy drunk isn't really appealing to me at this point. not saying I'll never drink or be drunk again. but at the very least i need a break. I went to the bar last night and had one beer. And it was perfect. So I see that in my future. Plus I'm trying to lose weight again and excessive drinking is sort of anti-weight loss. lol

oh! The super hot dad at the daycare that I talked about a couple blogs ago came to pick up his son in a firebird the other day! Ahh I love those cars. My first car was a firebird and I loveddd it. lol when he pulled up my boss was like, you can take this one Shawntae! Hahaha. It was funny. My boss told me that he's very single. so needless to say I'm very intrigued at this point, lol. There's also this other guy that I met at the daycare awhile ago. He picks up his friends daughter for him sometimes. On Monday the girl was like, did you know my daddys friend has a crush on you? lol which I sort of knew this cuz he asked for my number awhile ago, but I haven't heard from him in awhile so I just forgot about him. but he was in the car with her dad when her dad picked her up the other day. and she must have gone out there and told Vince (that's the guys name) that I was working and he came in and talked to me for a sec. He's a cool guy, he used to be like an emt or something but now he works in a hospital and he sometimes djs at some bars in some small towns around here. so that's cool. idk we'll see what happens. lol I'm not really looking for a guy right now. but who knows? :)

Speaking of not looking for guys, me and Keith had the BEST night ever last night! We were talking about boys and stuff at the bar last night and decided to leave and get ice cream and watch movies! hahahaha! We ended up watching 'He's Just Not That Into You' and eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. It was pretty much amazing! lol I needed that. and I needed to watch that movie, haha. I was in such a good mood when I left and I was in such a good mood when I woke up this morning. yesterday was literally like the perfect day. Every single thing that happened was awesome. Yay!!!

Oh one sucky thing :( me and Wade were supposed to be moving this weekend but now we can't move for like another week. super lame. But our landlord painted our rooms the colors we wanted them for us! Yay for my new sunshine yellow room!!! Hehehe! I'm gonna go shopping this weekend and get a new bed and bed sheets and prolly a tv. I'm sooo excited!

Also, sissy's baby shower is this weekend! I can't waaait! Everyones super excited. The weathers gonna be nice and it's gonna be a blast. Woooo for baby! LOL

Basically things are good. Like for real good. Sometimes I say that when I'm just having a good day, but this is more than that. Things are looking good for the future. I'm looking forward to being my old self again. The past few years have been amazing and I wouldn't trade them for the world. But I miss when my life was more chill. lol and that's finally starting to happen again. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment